Ok. I have been chastised . . . I will now update my blog. It's been tooooo long.
So, I'll be doing some catch-up posting, aka: blog-barfing, since this is basically my journal and my way to capture family memories.
Here are some pictures from a RARE moment this past winter, here in Katy, TX. We had SNOW! IT wasn't much, and it didn't last, but it WAS enough to cancel schools, close businesses down early, and get the kids excited!! (Houston is so funny about inclement weather . . . )
So, even though we have grown out of most of our proper "snow gear," (we've lived in Texas too long . . .) we made do, and made, What else? Snow angels & a snowman!
We had to use every inch of snow in our yard to "eek out" a tiny snowman. The snow was sooo wet that we kept going through gloves after gloves (because, again, of improper gear!) We needed waterproof gloves!
Hope you enjoy the pics. Oh, and by the way, the reason you see NO pictures of Kimball outside in the snow is because he will have nothing to do with it. He is a true Texan when it comes to cold weather. I can't even get him to wear coats. He hates it!
Sarah (4) making a snow angel. Notice the amount of snow on the ground:
Not enough to even completely cover the grass. Our front yard had even LESS snow.
Yet, you should've seen the parking lot at Walmart and the lines at the Gas Stations.
You would've thought the world was going to end.
Sarah and Allison (7). Cute sisters . . . love it.

3 comments:
I'm impressed they were able to get a snowman out of the snow! That is awesome!
awesome snowman with your green grass! It has been miserably cold here!
Yeah for blogging! Love the snow in Texas, that is crazy. I am impressed u got a snowman out of that, nice work!
Post a Comment