Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kimball's word list


Well, Kimball is 19 months old now and I've been meaning to write down/document all of the words he can say so far.  I don't recall Allison or Sarah being this verbal so early.  Maybe I've forgotten how they really were, but I think he has alot of words for his age.  And he's already putting them together to make short sentences.  So, if my memory will serve me correctly, here goes . . .

1. Momma
2. Daddy
3. out
4. down
5. help
6. please
7. thank you
8. no
9. uh-oh
10. drink
11. ok
12. poopoo
13. night night
14. ear
15. eye
16. nose
17. mouth
18. Sarah
19. car
20. bye bye
21. go
22. ow-ee
23. chair
24. up
25. applesauce (I'm so serious - this little guy can say it!!)
26. nana (banana)
27. cracker
28. cookie
29. ABCD
30. book
31. ball
32. Amen
33. shoe
34. sock
35. bath
36. doggy
37. hello
38. all done
39. yeah!
40. cow - moo
41. neigh
42. baaa
43. ssssss (snake)
44. jump
45. roooaaaar (lion)
46. baby
47. diaper
48. nummy-num (translation: mmmmm, good!)
49. cup
50. hot
51. teeth

Sentences:

1. please mommy
2. ewww, poopoo
3. ok mommy
4.  bye, bye; car; go!
5.  thank you mommy

He can also:

1. open doors
2. turn on the tv, push in the VHS tape and push play
3. climb in and out of the bath tub
4. push a chair up to the counter and play in the sink, or climb onto the table
4. take off  his diaper
5. climb up and down Allison's bunkbed - or ANY ladder for that matter (including Mark &      Melissa's big playset in the backyard)
6. & make really big messes, of course
 



5 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh man they are growing up way to fast. hope your stripes went over well. When do I get to see pictures.

Clarissa and Darrin said...

That does seem like a TON of words. He is still so young to be saying so much, that is great! Colby does not like to say anything. How do you get him to talk so much?

Sam Ransom said...

Sariah is a talker too. I should do a list like this. I'm sure I will forget later. She mimics a lot so it is sometimes hard to know if she is really saying the word or just repeating from me.

He's so cute!

Rebecca said...

I think it's great he knows "poopoo" and "diaper" b/c it can mean he's on his way to start potty training soon!

Anonymous said...

How incredibly cute! The boy is absolutely scrumptious!