Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Friday, April 10, 2009

still here

I want all my readers to know that I'm giving up valuable sleep (it's 12:40AM) to write this brief blog.  (ok: maybe not so brief)

I'm sooooo behind . . . 

ahhhh . . . to have the time to blog again.  Maybe soon. (yeah right)

Here's  a few updates of the past month:

Back in the 2nd weekend in March we spent 4 days in San Antonio.  While we were there, my Dad and stepmom, Kay met up with us and we all went to Sea World together.  We had a great time with them. (come back again, soon!)

The following weekend, they came back down to Houston (well, Katy, technically) and stayed at our (rental) house for a few more days to play.

A few days after Dad and Kay left, Matt's grandfather passed away, so he left to Portland for 5 days - which meant that I was a single Mom for a little while.  Poor Matt and poor Me!

The following weekend, my Mom and my brother, Robert, came into town.  Robert announced that he has a serious girlfriend and said that they were likely going to get married this summer! (it's official now, by the way).  

The weekend after that, Matt's parents came to visit, and we went to Sea World - San Antonio, again.  Matt's brother's family were there with us too. We all rented a vacation house together and it was alot of fun.

Oh, did I mention that we bought a house and closed on it the same day we left for Sea World the second time?  Yep.  Now we're the proud owners of 2 houses!  Lucky us.

After we got back from S.A., my sister-in-law graciously let me dump my kids on her while Matt, Penny, Greg and I got down to business fixing up and cleaning up the new house we bought. (thanks, again, to all)

Now, we're to the following weekend - aka: the present time.  I'm still trying to get stuff done in the new house, while keeping the rental house that we're living in clean enough to "show" to potential new renters (so we can get out of our contract earlier and save money).  Also trying to pick out paint colors, meet with people to give us bids on painting, recarpeting, refinishing cabinetry, blah blah blah.  I haven't even STARTED packing yet.  My goal is to move in by the end of the Month (assuming that the rental house we're currently living in doesn't re-rent before then -- then I'm in trouble)

Did I mention that I started a new job this week too?  Yeah.  I got a part-time/prn Nursing job at the surgical center/hospital OR (I'll kinda be working at both).  So . . . needless to say, I'm a little tired and feeling a little crazy at this point.  

We had Sarah's birthday in the last month too. (the first weekend I spoke of). I've taken lots of pictures of the past month's events, but haven't had any time to post any of them.  I don't think I've even downloaded them to my computer yet.  Sometime I'll have to do a "blog barf" catch up on it all.

Just to be clear: we've loved all of the visitors -- so I hope this didn't sound like we didn't enjoy it all!  I'm just feeling the burn of not going to sleep before midnight for over a week now . . .

Anyway - I'm hittin' the hay now.  sooooooo tired . . . .  ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(This post 'outta suffice for a while, hopefully . . .)


9 comments:

Amber said...

Oh man girl! I'm tired just reading your post! I can't wait to see picks of the new house! Wish I could help you! And I'm so jealous you got to go to sea world! I LOVE sea world! Where is the new house...Same town!?

Unknown said...

We're glad to know you are well...but go to bed!!

m and a said...

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you! Good luck with everything, wish I was close enough to help out.

Beth and Eric Jones said...

Wow! Sounds very fun, exciting, and stressful all at the same time. You are a wonder woman I tell ya!! About coming to P-town and Cannon Beach--ABSOLUTELY!! I hope that you can come up here soon. That would be so much fun.

Sam Ransom said...

Wow Wow Wow! You HAVE been buuuusssy! Sounds like a lot of fun stuff though! I'm excited to see your new place! That is way cool! Congrads!

Clarissa and Darrin said...

Holy crap! You have been busy. I had no idea you got a house, I don't even think Matt has told Darrin. I want to see pictures. You should take before and after since you say you are going to repaint and stuff. Congrats on the house, and the new job. You are busy! Don't be tooooo busy to blog. :)

Rebecca said...

Sounds like fun--busy fun! Congrats on the new house. Will Allison have to switch schools? Thanks for updating!

Shelley said...

Wow. That's too much for one person. It makes me feel so lazy for not being able to wash dishes and post on the same day. You'll be ready for a vacation in about 6 weeks I think. (Maybe you're ready for it right now!)

Tonia said...

Let us know what we can do to help. I'm always open for babysitting or whatever!