ok. I'll just say straight off the top, that there are ALOT of pictures to this post. I guess, I love all of the green, and water, and mountains, so I couldn't slim it down to just a few. I miss this kind of stuff, living in Texas.
So, anyway, on July 4th, we took a quick hike on the "Grotto" trail up in Payson Canyon. It was perfect for the family (not too hard, not too long) and had lots of fun river crossings and a big "reward" at the end of the hike. So here we go . . .
At first, I had the camera and started taking pictures. See Matt and Kimball starting out on the trail.
But soon after, I handed the camera over to Matt, so I could actually BE in some photos for once.
THe kids had a blast on all of the river crossings!
We had to keep a tight grip on Kimball the whole time though.
Here's the whole fam at the "reward" at the end. A cool waterfall.
Matt twirled the kids around in the freezing water.
Everyone threw rocks in to make a splash.
And of course, Kimball insisted on getting all wet.
Matt took Allison and Sarah the extra distance to hike to the top of the Falls. You can barely see them peeking around the top of the waterfall!
Kimball and I walked most of the way back together.
He found a stick and insisted on hitting EVERY tree, weed and rock he could see - the whole way down. It was taking us FOREVER to get down the trail, and the rest of the family was WAY ahead.
Finally, I got smart & just picked him up, walked much faster, & "helped" him use his stick to "hit" the trees we passed on the way. Boys. That's all I have to say.
Just give them a stick, some rocks and some water, and they're in Heaven
Kimball, age 22 months, and his stick! (left)
Some pictures of Sarah, age 4
Allison, age 6 1/2 in front of the waterfall

6 comments:
great pics!!!!I love seeing your growing family. Your kids are so dang cute have the most adorable smiles! Thanks for the comments on my blog. I was going to blog about it, but that was the thing--i was afraid of miscarrying and then having to tell everyone, so I just talked about it sparingly. I thought about everything I wrote about hating pregnancy after the fact and those that do have a hard time getting pregnant. I felt kind of guilty so i will try to write more positive thoughts from now on :)
I see you had a family reunion. I would LOVE to see pics of your sisters and brothers and kids. Do you have any of them? Well, keep in touch. Tell Matt I said hi. Seriously, you HAVE to tell us when you are in Portland, even if it is for 5 minutes. I would LOVE to see you. Love ya, Beth
We love the pictures from your hike. We're going to try it out tomorrow!
What fun pictures! Living in Chicago, I miss the mountains too. Catherine, it was great to see you in the pictures!
Sounds so fun! I bet your kids just loved it! Love all the pics. I can't believe how big your kids have gotten.
looks like great fun! your kids are so grown up--i still remember sarah and jeremiah as crying nursery buddies.
What a fantastic trip! Made me homesick for Utah!
Post a Comment