Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Good Day

Man, oh man. Yesterday was a good day. So good, I have to blog about it.

The weather was BEAUTIFUL!!! . . . FINALLY!!!!! For living in Southern Texas, we've had some crummy weather. But yesterday was awesome.

We woke up, and had a bit of a lazy morning. Then I decided that Kimball REALLY needed a good haircut. So, I distracted him with Goofy cartoons on the computer, and cut his hair. I have to say . . . I did a GREAT job!!! :) I mean, come on . . . have YOU ever tried to cut a 2 1/2 yr old boy's hair? Not just buzz it, but use scissors and a comb? It's nearly impossible. Even if I take him to Great Clips, they do a terrible job, because Kimball just won't cooperate. But this one turned out well. Here's a pic. (can't really tell too well in the picture, so you'll just have to trust me.

Then, we took advantage of the weather and went to a FUN park to play and feed the ducks. They also had a koi pond that Kimball tried hard to fall into, but thankfully, it didn't happen. I could kick myself for forgetting my (new) camera, because it was such a fun outing. Sarah and Kimball (and friends) were with me and we had a great time.

After we left the park, I was trying to plan in my mind what we could do while Kimball was napping. So, I stopped to buy some flowers! Planting flowers always makes happy. I love to be outside, working in the yard - and it's so relaxing and therapeutic! Here are the 2 things I made:


Later, Allison came home from school, and got ready for her first soccer "Practice game." She was so excited. She scored a goal and we were cheering for her and we were so proud of her. But then I noticed that she was crying, and I thought maybe she got elbowed or kicked while she was running with the ball. I asked her about it, and she said, yes she was crying, but they were "happy tears." She was SO happy and excited about making her first goal, that she started CRYING!!!! I had to laugh (with Matt & to myself) because she must have inherited the crying gene from me. That sounds like something I would do NOW, but not when I was 7!! Again, we forgot the camera, but she has a REAL game tomorrow, so we'll get some then.

So, all in all, it was a good day. I can't believe how HAPPY the nice weather made me feel, but I definitely took advantage of it and we had fun together as a family. Looking forward to more nice days ahead . . . hopefully.


6 comments:

Cameron and Cindy said...

Fun Day! Glad that you are doing well. I LOVE good weather!! Miss you!

m and a said...

I can't wait till our snow melts and I can plant flowers. Probably two months still before it's warm enough. Maybe we'll have some crocus come up soon.

Clarissa and Darrin said...

I know what u mean, cutting a kids hair is a nightmare. I am glad u found a great way to keep Kimball entertained.
Also, happy tears from Allison, she seems so mature for her age, I think that is the cutest thing ever! Way to go on the goal, that is great.

Tonia said...

Kimball's hair did look awesome!

Callie said...

Kimball's hair looks good... Jack is the same and will not sit still. At least when they are that little they don't care what it looks like...

Glad you had a great day- miss going to the park with you guys!

Rebecca said...

I love Allison! That is hilarious, but precious at the same time. And Kimball's hair is great. I use scissors with Jeremiah and sometimes it is ok but a lot of times you can tell where he turned around, etc mid-snip.