I think I post a lot about Kimball, my little 2 1/2 yr old boy, but he does the cutest things, and the craziest things, so there's never a dull moment with him. He's just at "that age . . ."
So here's a few things I had to write down . . .
A few days ago, Kimball and I were running errands. I finally made it home, and I really needed to go to the bathroom. Well, Kimball had other plans. He wanted to stay in the car and play. He LOVES to play in the car. These days, I usually let him, because the weather has finally gotten nice, so I don't mind being out there with him. But this time, it was REALLY inconvenient timing for him to decide that he wanted to stay in the car. I wasn't going to fight him on it, because I wasn't in the mood -- I really needed "to go." So, I rolled down the back windows in the Tahoe (they only go 1/2 way down anyway), shut all the other doors (he doesn't know how to open them yet) and ran inside to take care of business. As soon as I was done, I came back outside . . . and guess where he was????? Standing ON TOP of the Tahoe. That's right, on top. That little kid managed to climb through the 1/2 opened window, and pull himself up on top of
the car. Un.be.lievable. So, . . . I thought to myself, Ok, I'll show this kid . . . and I said -- "Kimball, time to get down . . and Mommy's not going to help you." I thought I was being such a smart Mom. Well, he showed me, because he just climbed down the way he came up . . . nooooo problem. I guess that little "lesson" I had in mind for him didn't work.
I WISH I had a picture of it. I actually thought about taking one at the time, but I didn't want to reinforce the behavior . . . however, below, is one taken of him playing in the car yesterday.
Here's another story :
One day last week, Daddy was starting to get the kids ready for bed. I knew Kimball wasn't tired yet, because he had slept too late for his nap. So, while Matt was putting the girls down, I decided to lay down on the couch and relax. Kimball saw me, and climbed up on the couch and laid down right on top of me -- he has been the cuddliest of all my kids. And I really enjoy it (because I KNOW one of these days, he won't do it anymore). So we snuggled up together and started singing songs. First, it was just me singing to him. But soon, I started some that I knew he knew. And he started to sing with me. I don't know about you, but I think there's nothing cuter than a little toddler singing (or trying to sing) songs. So, literally, for the next HOUR, we laid on the couch, cuddled, and sang songs. It was so fun
; he was so cute, and it was something that I'll never forget.
One more:
Kimball LOVES to play with his animal figurines. Cows, sheep, horses, lions, tigers . . . you name it, he plays with it. And we often take them where ever we go - like the grocery store, or to pick up Sarah from preschool.
Well, one night Matt checked on Kimball before we went to bed. He told me I had to come upstairs to see what Kimball did in his bed before he fell asleep. So, I brought the camera, and this is what we found . . .
Several of his animals lined up at the bottom of the bed . . .
And Kimball asleep next to his favorite cartoon character, Curious George
Here are some other pictures of Kimball for your enjoyment:
Kimball & Sarah playing on the steps.
They are good playmates, while Allison is at school all day.
Me & Kimball going on an afternoon walk with the Fam.

3 comments:
I'm glad you escaped disaster-free with that Tahoe experience! :-)
Boys are so funny aren't they! Wyatt plays with the same type of animal figurines-cows, horses, pigs, sheep. He love them, they are his best friends, and they too come with us to the store, to school, to church, to grandmas, everywhere.
I've never found him on the top of our car (yet), but he does like to climb all the way underneath our bed and all the way to the center so I can't reach him. I always know that if I can't find him anywhere else in the house, this is where he will be. Well, at least he is consistent, right?
What a little climber, how do these boys do it? I am baffled. Colby is always getting in BIG trouble for climbing into the crib with baby! Silly Boys. What is that Curious George teaching them:) Ever since at Christmas, u said how much Kimball likes George, that is ALL Colby will watch!
Post a Comment