Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Alllison's 1st Soccer game


I am finally posting some pictures from Allison's first soccer game.

I 've INTENTIONALLY delayed starting my kids in extra-curricular sports -- because I was just not ready to start the madness of dragging everyone around for practices & games. But I realized that it was time. So, I enrolled Allison into "spring" soccer - which is the ONLY time I think soccer should be played in Houston, Texas! Allison is really enjoying the sport. She likes the girls on her team, and her coach. She's improving every week, which is so fun to watch. She has natural athletic abilities.

She was assigned to bring the half-time treats for the first game, so she was also the team captain on this day. Below is a picture of both team captains, choosing their home goal at the coin toss.

Throwing in the ball.


cool action shot.



Allison's goal kick!


Running hard during warm-up drills.

These last three pictures are my favorite:

Here's Allison competing with a girl from the other team for the ball.

Allison overtaking the girl on the other team.

Allison tripping over the girl!
That's classic.

I've told Allison that tripping, falling, getting kicked or elbowed is ALL part of the game. She has to be TOUGH and just keep going. She's getting better at that.
:)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love it! Go Allison!

Heather said...

We think alike...I too plan on delaying the extra-curricular sports as LONG as possible. It does look like she is having a lot of fun though...maybe that's the consolation to becoming a life-time chauffeur.

Tonia said...

Dang girl! Either you have a good camera or else you have a knack for getting those fast paced action shots. Those are awesome!

Clarissa and Darrin said...

What a tough girl. I can't believe she is already playing sports. Allison is adorable.