Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

"You Know you Live in Houston When . . ."

. . . the weather forecast at 8:30AM says:

Right Now

Forecast:
Sunny
Sunny
Temperature:
81°F
Feels Like: 90°
Details:
Oppressive humidity.



Let me just describe what OPPRESSIVE HUMIDITY feels like . . .

IT's when you walk outside your house, already wearing your sunglasses, and your sunglasses IMMEDIATELY fog up -- completely. That's oppressive. At 8:30, I went outside with the intention of trimming my roses. Um, yeah. Changed my mind . . . The heat index (ie: humidity) right now is 87%. Gotta love Houston in August . . .

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, man...I thought it was bad here in Illinois. I'll never complain again...okay, maybe I'll complain just a little.

Kelli said...

It's just like that here, too. I have never experienced such a miserable summer in the midwest. I might start believing in the "global warming" theory.