Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer's almost gone

The Summer is almost over and since we took our family vacation only days after school let out last May, it feels like we haven't done anything that cool since then. It COULD be because I'm 14 weeks pregnant and have had NOOOOOO energy. But, that's besides the point.

We've done lots of swimming, lots of play dates, and today, I mustered up enough energy to take the kids to the Houston Children's Museum. After all, our family pass expires in 10 days. Boo.

On the way home from the museum, we have a tradition of stopping at Wendy's for Lunch. Since I'm a cheapskate, I always tell the kids they can have 1 dollar each to spend for lunch. They can get whatever they want. (convenient that Wendy's has a decent $1 menu . . .)

Today this is what they chose:

Allison (the responsible and sensible one) got: spicy chicken nuggets
Sarah (the, uh, irresponsible and insensible one) got: root beer.
Kimball (the craziest & pickiest one) got: a frosty.
I didn't get anything, since none of it sounded good. Bleh.

So there you have it. Kinda funny how their choice matched their personality. Now, I have to find something to eat.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! I am sooo excited to hear that you are pregnant. Those first few weeks/months are the worst...I wouldn't wish that misery on the worst of enemies! I am back in the "no energy" phase with just 17 more days to go. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Vicki said...

Wahoo! Congrats on being prego..good luck with the heat.

Mel said...

Congrats Cat! I didn't know you were pregnant! Sorry you are sick. I know that all too well. . . :)

m and a said...

Yeah for babies! I'm so glad I'm not in Houston. The humidity here is not that bad, but we have no a/c. Some days I could use it. At least there is beach close by. Congrats again!