
This year, Matt went ALL OUT for Valentine's Day. He told me months ago that he had already made plans for the weekend of Valentines Day and that it was going to be great. Well, the wait was difficult, (I tried for 2 months to get out of him what we were doing) . . . but well worth it!
All I knew, was that I was supposed to be dressed up and ready to go by 5:45 pm on Friday night. When we got in the car, I found out that we were going to a fancy restaurant in downtown Kansas City called the Savoy Grill. This place turned out to be a very old & historic hotel with a restaurant, known for its good food and ambiance. It was pretty cool.
While we were eating our dinner, Matt pulled out a little wrapped up box from Helzberg Diamonds and handed it to me. Inside was a beautiful yellow gold anniversary band with sparkling round diamonds all across the top. (Now before you all think, "how much did he shell out on something like that?" just remember, that on February 13th, he qualified for his 70% off discount for being with Helzberg for 2 years). I, of course, was totally shocked, because we had previously decided together that although his new discount was coming up RIGHT BEFORE VALENTINES DAY, we weren't going to buy anything because we are going to see 'Wicked' in May and would be spending extra money on that. But, I guess, Matt just couldn't resist using his new discount.
Next, Matt informed me that after dinner, we would be walking 2 blocks up the street to attend a concert with the Kansas City Symphony, which featured a guest violin soloist performing one of our favorite classical pieces: Tschaicovski's Violin Concerto. I was so excited, because I haven't been the symphony in quite a while, and have fond memories of attending the Evansville Philharmonic while growing up in Evansville.
The concert was fun, the soloist did a great job, and Matt succeeded in planning and pulling off the most memorable and thoughtful Valentines Day of our marriage so far! Isn't he the best?

4 comments:
I hate guys like Matt.. all romantic and everything. Way to go, buddy.
love the bling, yeah he made the guys look bad!!!!!
What a fun day! Happy Valentine's Day to you, but it looks like you already had one!!!
Matt's a keeper; that was very sweet.
Post a Comment