Ok. This review is mostly to rub in Pat's face that . . . I TOLD YOU SO!!!! David Cook is "da bomb," and I think he's going to win the whole competition, by a mile. I hope so, at least. I mean, come on . . . He's an AWESOME performer, he has an AWESOME voice, he's consistent, he's SEXY, and he can come up with cool/different arrangements of songs -- which shows that he's an incredibly talented artist as well. He's the whole package . . so there you have it, Pat.
While listening to the quick recap of performances at the end of the show, I had a tough time seeing the "obvious choice" to get booted tomorrow. If I went off tonight's performances ALONE, I would say that the bottom 3 would be Ramiele, Chikezie, and the third one would be. . . a mystery to me. I think that Christy Lee Cook is lucky that she had such a good performance, because overall, I think that she is the weakest person out of the 10. SO maybe she should be the 3rd person. Yep, definitely she should be the 3rd one. If Christy Lee Cook stays in this week, I think that Ramiele should be the one to get booted tomorrow. She has a great voice, but she's not been a very strong performer and hasn't really showcased her talent at all. Too bad for her. It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. All I can say is, thank goodness I have TIVO, because I HATE all of the annoying banter and filler that this show has.
A few others:
What's up with David Archuleta's song choice??!! Come on!!! Someone needs to help this kid pick a great song that the audience can connect with!!! AUGH! Like Randy said, David's got MAD SKILLS, so come on, David -- give us something GOOD! I've been frustrated with him the past 3 weeks. He's lucky that he's had such strong early performances. And here's my take with him: He's a GREAT singer, but if he were to win (which I don't think he will) he wouldn't really be that successful of an "Idol." I don't see him going as far as even half of the other kids potentially could (with record sales).
I LIKE Jason Castro's sound alot. He's not flamboyant, he's very recognizable and I think he can sing. HE . . just . . can't . . . TALK! His biggest weakness is his personality. Lucky for him he has a great smile, great eyes, and sorta like what's been said, I think the "camera likes him." (whatever that means, exactly, I'm not sure). But man, he sounds/looks really awkward and strange when he's talking in video clips!
Brooke White is very talented and HAS successfulyy set herself apart from the rest of the group. I think that she could easily be in the TOP 3. Too bad she's so awkward when she stands up.
Is it just me, or is Carly Smithson really weird looking when she stands, and does this "bend in half" movement while she's singing?? It really bugs me. You'll have to notice what I'm talking about. Again, she has a great voice, but I think that we haven't really been BLOWN AWAY by her, which is something that she seems to be capable of doing EVERY WEEK but hasn't quite done yet. She's been a slight disappointment.
Ok. there's more, but I've grown tired of going through the list of contestants. So, that's all I have to say on this subject tonight.
ANY COMMENTS? Bring 'em on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Catherine, Catherine, Catherine.
First off, he sang Billie Jean. I mean, I thought it was kinda cool when he sang the lame Lionel Richie song. But no matter how well you dress up a turd, in the end, it's still a turd. I'm completely positive that it was the best rendition of Billie Jean ever sang. The fact of the matter is the song still sucks.
Yes, I know that the judges went ga ga over it, and I might even agree with them enough to move him to my number two spot... right behind Mr. Michael Johns.
Did you see his baby picture? That kid's noggin is HUGE. He even admitted that his head is abnormally shaped. I think I'll call him alien head from now on. How can you possibly think that's sexy?
Did you happen to catch Michael's John's song tonight? It was perfect. He rocked it and all the judges loved him. Not that that matters.
I agree that Ramiele will go this week. I also agree that David A.'s act is getting a little tired. I also agree that Brookie is a top 3 contenstant.
I'd write more but Karli is making me go to bed.
So there.
Sorry we don't watch that show in our home. (I'm sure what we do watch is much worse) Where are your easter pictures? We love to see all the pictures!
It was great seeing "Uncle Buddy" last week what a wonderful treat!
Ok, Pat. I will give you that Michael Johns' performance was very good last night. I was glad to finally see him have a huge night. And yes, I do think he's very good. His problem is that he's being overshadowed by David Cook. If David wasn't also a male rocker in the competition, Michael Johns would be more prominent. Michael Johns' voice reminds me of the lead singer in INXS. He'd be great in a band. So would David Cook, for that matter. It'd be weird to have either of them go "solo" on an album, don't you think?
I will also give you that David's head shape was/is very weird. But he does a good job hiding it with his hair. He's still sexy.
To be honest, I really like David. He's easily the most creative person on the show and pushes the envelope with each performance. He could honestly win on that alone. And I see both of them in a band after all is said and done, and I would buy their CD's... with Dallin's money of course. Brooke and David A. can pull of solo, I don't think Michael and alien head could.
all I have to say is BIG HEADS ARE BEAUTIFUL! (I just had to stick up for dad and a few or my kids!)
Otherwise my vote is with Michael Johns after last night.
Tammy
Amen to David Cook sista!
David cook's rendition of billie jean is the best version I have ever heard. I downloaded the Chris Cornell version (the version he copied) and the David Cook version. David's was far better. But I think Jason Castro needs to go. You can't hear him when he is singing and I really think that his is high most of the time. I think that davd is going to win.
Post a Comment