Ok. What is the "*#!!@*' deal with loading pictures onto my blog and getting the words to line up correctly!!!!!!!!!! (ok. I got it to work better on the "spring soccer" post below, but not without lots of frustration and time/work. Is it better to write the text first, and then arrange the photos? It seemed to go better.)
Anyone . . . Please help me out here with the following. . .
Why can't I upload more than 1 picture at a time? (still don't know if this is possible)
Why do I have to upload the pictures in the reverse order that I want them to show up on the post? ie: the picture I want at the end of the post, I have to upload first. Then move backwards. It's so annoying!!! How come I can't put my cursor where I want the next photo to go before I upload it, and then the photo actually go there?!)
I've tried with varying success to upload pictures, and then move them around afterwards. Sometimes the picture WON'T move, or I can't make space between pictures where I WANT space. OR, the picture gets deleted altogether when I push enter or delete too close to the picture. UGH.
And why, when I've finished a post and am ready preview it, does the preview look nothing like what the real post does after I publish it?
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!!
Plus, Pat, why can't I download video from my Mac onto my blog. I put it in a format that blogspot says it accepts, but it doesn't work.
And why, when I want to take a few minutes to post a blog, does my baby wake up prematurely from his nap!!!???????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Amen, amen, amen! I've had the same issues/questions. When you get answers, let me know. I have no idea why it loads pictures the way it does, it is absolutely annoying.
One trick is to memorize the undo function so if you delete a picture you can get it back. I've already forgotten it. Ctrl Z or V or something.
And the preview ticks me off to b/c I finally get something I think will work and then when I preview it, like you said, it doesn't look right.
I'm wondering too how people get links, pics, etc on the side of texts. Do you know?
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!! I think everyone just struggles with this. I have found it easier to add the pics first and then do text. With more luck lately of being able to drag them where I want. I'm not sure if selecting the "None, center, Left, Right" format makes a difference. I have been able to upload multiple pictures but it seems like only 3 at a time and only when blogspot chooses to let me. It usually leaves the window open and then adds another spot at the top. Not sure what I'm hitting to do it because sometimes it isn't there. I think it just weird.
Rebecca- that is in your layout section. You click "Add element" and then select what kind of thing you want. You can also drag and move those around to the order you want.
I don't think you are the only one with frustrations. Obviously, since we are using a free blog site there aren't many options and it's not the most user friendly thing. I can't load multiple photos either. It never gives me the option. I also can't get video to upload either. I've tried so many times. I never use the preview button because it doesn't show really how the blog is going to look. I actually just submit it and then go back and edit. Before I submit it, I go back through and backspace all the blanks between photos and text. I actually write the text first and then load the photo and drag it where I want it. It doesn't always work the way I want and it's a pain. When I first started using this website, it was much simpler. I could download the photo and it dropped right where I wanted it, but it's changed. I think I might try downloading the photos first and then texting like Sam does. Hopefully, some of these tips work for you...at least better then they work for me. Good luck! Miss you at church!
I echo what they say above. It's a major pain in the kiester.
As far as video goes, I'm a little mystified. Are you bringing the video in through IMovie? That should take care of it right there.
Post a Comment