I FINALLY got out in the yard yesterday and planted my new flowers for the year. Every year I go and buy more perennials for my flower beds. It always costs so much, and takes alot of time to get them into the ground, but it's one of my passions to work in the yard. I'd much rather be working in the yard than in the house.
This Saturday is the first day of the "weekly shares" that I will be getting throughout the summer & Fall from my "community shared agricultural program." I can't wait. If you are wondering what a CSA program is, you can look here. This is where I will be getting my produce from this summer. Therefore, in my own garden, I will pretty much be planting just tomatoes and a few other things.

6 comments:
I am really interested in participating in the community shared agricultural program. I checked out the website and I some of the links didn't work so tell me...how did you get started?
MIranda Matthews told me about it. There are a few around here that are in operation. One in Platte City (Karbaumer Farm) and one in Kearney (Fair Share Farm: http://www.fairsharefarm.com )You can sign up (and I'm not sure if there are any openings for either right now, but it wouldn't hurt to check.) At the Karbaumer CSA, it costs about $350 for 18 weekly shares of produce that feeds a family of 4. You can get more shares or even just a 1/2 share. The Karbaumer farm does not require you to work at the farm as part of the program. But Fair Share Farm requires twelve hours, I believe, of working in the fields. THe Produce, (which also includes eggs/fruit/flowers at Karbaumer Farm) that's given weekly varies a little bit between the two programs too. But it's a good deal, I think. I'm so excited! Here's the phone # for Karbaumer Farm: 816 . 270 . 2177 or 816 . 304 .
8224 Fair SHare farm is : 816-320-3763 Good luck!
I'm going to call right now!!
I guess they are full for this year and already have a waiting list for next year!
Catherine, send me your e-mail address so I can invite you to my blog. It's been forever! I hope life is great for you guys.
I just realized I didn't give you my e-mail address. It's a tough one: leigh.dethman@gmail.com
I can't wait to hear from you.
Post a Comment