I haven't blogged for a while. So here's a random sampling of updates & thoughts.
Our house in Kansas City is officially under contract to sell. We have a buyer. Supposedly we will close on the deal, soon . . . either August 29th or September 2nd. With that said, anyone ever been robbed before? Because that's about the feeling I have with the sale of this house. Basically, we are selling it for $15,000 less than what we paid almost 2 and a half years ago. Just selling this house will take ALL of our savings. No more cushion of any kind, and no money left for a down payment on our next house. Kind of sickening, isn't it? So, yeah, I feel like I'm being robbed. THe upside is (I have to keep reminding myself of these): at least we have a buyer!! And at least we only lost $15,000. I guess in this housing market, it could be worse. Pathetic.
Matt and I are enjoying the Olympics sooooo much! I mean, wasn't that MENs 400 meter relay UNBELIEVEABLE!!! Matt and I were watching it live the other night, and when the
anchor, Lezak, was finishing his split we were cheering and screaming and jumping up and down!! Even the replays they've been showing the past day or two bring back the same thrill and excitement that we had while watching it the first time. Very cool. I'll admit, I'm getting a little tired of Michael Phelps though. I DO hope he makes his goal of 8 gold medals, but man . . . talk about motivation for someone else to bring him down!!! I can only imagine that someone is dying to do it. By the way, is anyone as scared as I am by that "she-man" who does the little clips about China? (You know who I'm talking about.) She's this huge, tall woman with a man's voice. I think she's odd.
anchor, Lezak, was finishing his split we were cheering and screaming and jumping up and down!! Even the replays they've been showing the past day or two bring back the same thrill and excitement that we had while watching it the first time. Very cool. I'll admit, I'm getting a little tired of Michael Phelps though. I DO hope he makes his goal of 8 gold medals, but man . . . talk about motivation for someone else to bring him down!!! I can only imagine that someone is dying to do it. By the way, is anyone as scared as I am by that "she-man" who does the little clips about China? (You know who I'm talking about.) She's this huge, tall woman with a man's voice. I think she's odd.Kimball has lost his cute & cuddly infant self, and is now sort of a pain.
He likes to bite, push, scream if he doesn't get what he wants, and basically causes me grief all day long. He's very strong and is almost able to push/squirm himself right out of my arms if he doesn't like/want something (like going to bed). Changing his diaper is a constant battle. I won't even go there. Teaching him to be "soft" is going to be a feat in and of itself. *Sigh* Well, I can't say that I wasn't warned about little boys. Part of our problem is that he thinks he's already "big," as you can see here in these photos. Look how huge he already is, and he's not even 1 yet.



I got Allison registered for Kindergarten. It'll be interesting to watch that adjustment happen. I hope she gets a nice teacher and makes some good friends. I took this picture of Allison and Sarah right after church last week. It was a rare moment when I took a little extra time to fix their hair. It turned out pretty cute . . .
Yesterday, I had a weak moment and splurged on a 24oz fountain drink at a gas station. Wanna know how much it cost me? $1.29 Can you believe that!!! For a 24 ounce drink! Rediculous.
I've been preparing for my Kauai trip that's coming up in a month. I CAN'T wait. I've signed us up for a helicopter tour over the island. And we have a 3-tank boat (scuba) dive trip scheduled.

I've been pouring over my "Ultimate Kauai Guidebook" to decide which hikes to do, which hidden/secret beaches to find, and which restaurants have the best food and views at sunset!

I won't lie, this upcoming trip is something that has been keeping me going the past several weeks. It's going to be a blast. I might not want to come back.
Our trip to Kauai has motivated me to start exercising again. I won't lie, it's been a LONG time since I've exercised regularly. I'm talking a couple of years! (I know, it's pathetic.) But I'm feeling good about myself because I've ran almost 2 miles on my treadmill everyday for the past week. Hopefully, if I keep it up, then the hiking we have planned in Kauai will be less painful/exhausting. As an added bonus, maybe this exercise will help me sleep better at night. Does anyone else have trouble falling asleep, even though your totally exhausted at the end of the day? I hate that.
Well, that's about all the time I have to blog for now. "Mom duty" calls . . .
By the way, if you've finished "Breaking Dawn " you'll have to email me and tell me what you thought of it.

9 comments:
First off... Dont talk about Breaking Dawn yet because I have not read it and Cheryl has already said TOO much! Big Mouth!
Second... I miss chatting with you on the phone but all I do with my free time these days is can salsa... my tomatoes are out of control
Third...Ammon Starts school in the morning and I am sad.
Forth... Sometimes I feel like we have been robbed in our adoption search... Many people have taking our hard earned money with a smile and we have no baby for it... If we had a baby for every agency that had our money we would have to buy a 15 passenger van... That being said... We now have Noah and all the money loss in the world has been worth it! Your home will be sold and you can move on.
Fifth... I am still sad Ammon is starting School tomorrow.
Sixth... I am not all that sad that Jordie and Isaac are starting on Monday... We have had a bunch of he said she said stuff around the house for the past week... it is time for structure for them. And me I guess
And lastly Seventh... I started WW last week and when I weighted in today I had NOT lost a pound... What a kick in the pants! All that dedication and no pay off... So in a way I guess I was robbed again! Robbed a week of eating Hostess Cup Cakes... But... I will stick with it. I may even add in exercise... now that is a smart idea!
Enough said for now! I'm glad to see you in the bloggin' world.
FYI- I didnt proof read that last post so you get it fresh from my head!
Yep..big mouth here...haven't finished Breaking Dawn...stupid me sharing a book with my teenagers. Doesn't everyone know Bella was marrying Edward??? jeesh...
I'm with you...I know you feel robbed and yet grateful..it is probably wearing you down. Just think, in a year, you'll just be sooo glad the house is gone.
I'm so excited for your trip to Hawaii!! Planning for a trip is a great motivator!! I'm going to sign up for classes to work out on monday. Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated.
Okay, you feel robbed, but that thought in the back of your brain "when will my house sell?" Will finally be gone...
I've been working out for 5 weeks now and the stupid scale doesn't seem to move much, I do feel more toned now so I'm hoping that I'm just trading out fat for muscle...At least that's what I tell myself.
I'm so jealous of your trip to Hawaii...I love it there. It will totally rejuvenate you as a mom!
The good news is your house sold- I am impressed at how fast considering the market. I know here brand new homes are going for the same price as 5-10 year old homes. Crazy!
I really want to visit you guys. Or better yet you should come here and go to Disneyland. Great plan, I miss you!!!!
I am so jealous about Hawaii, I have always wanted to go there and I can't wait till we can go. You will have to take a ton of pictures and I will live vicariously through you.
Yes, I totally know the she-man you're talking about. It pains me at times to watch...especially when she makes these bad jokes and they get translated into Chinese and you can tell the people just don't get it.
I have finished Breaking Dawn but won't say too much about it in case it spoils it for someone else.
Glad to hear you'll be out from under your KC house but sad to hear you're taking a loss. Frustrating!
Enjoy Kauai! My aunt lives there and loves it. I hope you have tons of fun.
Your girls are darling in that Sunday picture (but aren't they always?). As for the she-man -- my thoughts exactly!
Congrads on the contract. I think it is better to sell quickly for less than wait around and still probably loose money. Still stinks though. You definately have a right to feel robbed. I can't wait to hear how the trip goes. It sounds AMAZING!!! Hey Phelps got all 8. Just crazy!! I think James has a man crush on him because he thinks he's just so awesome.
Some diaper changing advice...we had the same problem with Wyatt. He only recently grew out of the "try to wiggle away from mom while my bum is covered in poop" stage at about 19-20 months. I would lay him down, sit on the ground, put my legs on top of his arms to restrain him, then change the diaper while he wiggled and screamed at the top of his lungs. It looks really cruel (don't do it in public), but it was the ONLY way to clean a poopy bum by myself at that age! Good luck!
Post a Comment