Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday

Yesterday, I had a few hours where it was just me and Kimball playing while the girls napped. He's getting to be a big baby!  He has these irresistible chubby cheeks, arms, legs, hands . . .  We laid on the floor yesterday and I got him giggling pretty good.  It was a nice time, and I even thought about it again today . .  . how fun it was to play with him. He's a cute little guy most of the time.

TODAY, things feel pretty blah.  Today, I'm tired of cleaning, tired of entertaining kids, tired of doing laundry and just plain tired !  Tired of doing the same thing over and over everyday.  (I seriously need to find more stuff to do around here in Katy.) One thing's for sure, though . . . if I have to clean up another spill off the floor, I think I'm going to loose it.  During lunch today, Sarah dropped her bowl of Raman noodles on the floor & it splashed all over.  That happened a few hours ago, and it's still there.  I can't bring myself to clean it up.   

I think it's time for a "Why is it?" list . . .  so here goes

1. Why is it that a 10 month old can somehow push the correct button to turn on the phone? That's crazy. But he does it over and over.

2. Why is it that I stay up later than i should to read friends' blogs or surf the internet, instead of just going to bed?

3.  Why is it that my exterminator is having such a hard time exterminating the ants around here?? 


That's all I have today.  Pretty short list.


In other news,  I saw Mama Mia last night.  I thought it was pretty good and that Meryl Streep was great.  Her performance on the song "the winner takes it all" was amazing.   I'd never heard any of the songs from the musical before, (except for "Dancing Queen) but I liked them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine--Your blogs crack me up!! I KNOW I would loose it if Roman Noodles went everywhere! You deserve a foot rub tonight by your man! love ya, Beth

m and a said...

I love it when babies giggle. So much fun to play. I hear you on going to bed. I am always up late, sometimes it's the only time I have for just me. I usually regret it when my kids are up at 7, not enough to go to bed earlier though.

Kiera said...

I loved Mama Mia... I thought it was crack up! I went with my neighbor late one night. Each time she would burst into song I would almost wet myself! Ahhhh a much needed laugh!
I sure miss you...

Catherine said...

yes, Kiera . . . I was laughing out loud alot too because of the way the characters would burst out singing. I had to keep reminding myself I was watching a musical. My favorite "song burst" was of the guys popping out of the water on the beach scene. Hilarious!

Kiera said...

Click on your "Dashboard" It will tell you how many posts you have made...