I haven't posted in a while. Not for any reason in particular, just lazy. So I'll write about a few things.
I woke up this morning to a beautiful sun-shiney day and instantly felt good. It's a pleasant 73 degrees and only 57% humidity. Love days like this . . . I can't wrap my brain around the reality of Thanksgiving being only 3 days away. With weather like this, can you blame me?

I had Chex Muddy Buddies for breakfast again this morning. I discovered that Kimball really likes Muddy Buddies too. hmmm. Must run in the family.
I went to see the Twilight movie last Saturday and I must admit, I didn't like it at all. In fact, I laughed through most of it. It was disappointing, because it seems like it COULD have been much better. Oh well. Don't want to say too much, for those of you who haven't seen it yet. (although I'm dying to know what anyone else thinks about it . . .)
This morning I went to WalMart to buy a few more things for Thanksgiving Dinner. I made the mistake of letting Kimball out of the cart for a moment to walk around. He promptly went over to the lowest shelf, pulled down a huge glass bottle of pickles and it shattered all over the floor. Nice. Guess I won't ever do that again. He's such a stinker sometimes. Especially in the grocery store.
Well, I'll see if I can find a few good pictures to post. Catch ya later . . .
Allison doing service for some friends
Allison with some classmates at a school activity
Sarah on a carousel ride at a local mall
Sarah dressed up in the Hula Girl outfit I brought home from Kauai.
This is what she was for Halloween, but I didn't get any good
pictures from Halloween night.
Sitting at the top of O'paeka Falls in Kauai. This place was so cool.
Coconut Grove on Kauai's East Side. Man, I'm missing this place.
Calgon, take me away . . . !!

7 comments:
I just love that I can count the leaves that Allison is blowing with the leaf blower... Also your story of Kimball reminded me of what my mom used to tell me when I was very pregnant. She said to just carry a jar of pickles around so if my water broke I could just drop it. I don't know why I thought of that, but I probably always will when it comes to broken jars of pickles.
Miranda, that is hilarious on both counts. Thanks for the laughs!
Great post...and great to see you again. I'm thinking you probably don't miss the frigid cold we've had lately. It's back to being dry and our noses are all plugged up. Why can't there be a happy medium?
No, right at this moment,I am NOT missing the cold. But just talk to me in July and August. I'll have a different tune altogether.
Hey Catherine,
I am now a blogger!! I loved reading your last post. I'm in KC for Thanksgiving. I sure miss hanging out with you! I agree about the Twilight movie. Loved the book. The movie was a little low budget and the Edward was a little girly. Disappointing!
Jill
So I saw Twilight last night. I went in with really low expectations after reading reviews so it was actually better than I expected, but still, like you, I was laughing at parts that probably weren't supposed to be funny.
Jasper was the worst. I think I laughed every time he was on the screen. I couldn't help it.
Edwards acting was poor especially in the beginning...he did get better as the movie went on. And the red lipstick was too much. Red lips I don't mind, but it looked like he had just applied red lipstick in some scenes.
Anyway, I'm glad I went in thinking it was going to be really bad. Glad my ticket was free too.
Okay Catherine! Loved the post but I want to see something new now!!!!
Post a Comment