Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Allison's big news!!

Well, She did it!  Allison was accepted in the the "Challenge" program (aka: gifted/talented program).  I'm excited for her! 

Back in  November, I talked it over with her kindergarten teacher, and decided to complete the application for her to be assessed/tested by the School District.  I had to fill out this huge parent assessment, then submit 2 home projects of Allison's "work," then they observed her in the classroom and took 2 more classroom projects that's she'd done.  After that, they took her out for testing and more assessments!  Man, talk about thorough, huh?  I was indifferent whether she got in or not, but I knew that she'd enjoy it and do well if she got in.  

Soooo . . . starting this month, Allison will have 1 hour a week in the Challenge classroom. Next year, in first grade, she'll get to go to one whole day each week.

Way to go, Allison!  

ps: this picture is just a close-up of Allison from a group shot of all three kids before church one Sunday. It turned out pretty good! (except for the blurry area where I took out Sarah's partial body from the picture . . . that wasn't so good . . .)  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Clarissa and Darrin said...

That is excellent, tell Allison congrats!

Melissa said...

I knew she would make it! She is soooo smart and cute. Congrats Allison!

Amber said...

That is Awesome! Great picture too!

Sam Ransom said...

How cool! Go Allison- she's so smart! Must get that from her mom! ;)

Lori said...

Way to go, Allison! We are so happy for her.

Rebecca said...

Yeah Allison! They were thorough. That's great that she'll get to go for a whole day. She'll have a blast.

Sarah Hogan Gowans said...

Catherine,
I can't believe how much Allison reminds me of you! That is a gorgeous picture. Congrats to Allison on making it to the Challenge program! That is awesome!