Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Katy Rodeo Trail Riders


Well, it's RODEO time, here in Katy!  And it's a big deal.  All week, Allison's kindergarten class has been learning about the state of Texas, the rodeo, cowboys and cowgirls . . . !  It's been fun.  She's even supposed to dress up "western style" to school tomorrow and they sent home the stuff for kids to make their own stick horses so they can bring them to school on Friday too!  What a hoot, huh?!

The Katy rodeo starts today and goes through Saturday.  I'm not sure, because I'm new to town (you like the sound of that? I'm going native Texan . . .), but I guess, the REAL cowboys & cowgirls "roll in" altogether and make their way to the arena on the first day.  They are known as the "trail riders!"

So Sarah, Kimball and I went to watch them ride.  It was alot of fun.  My friend's preschool has "front row seats" to the trail, so to speak -- the riders go right by the church/preschool.  So we backed up our car, opened the back and watched from there.  Here's a few pics from our adventure . . .


Here they come!!




Stay tuned for more pics from the Katy rodeo itself! 




13 comments:

m and a said...

What fun! I've ben to a couple of rodeos, nothing that big though. Hope you guys have a blast this weekend!

Kath said...

I miss Texas. There is nothing like the great state of Texas.

Melissa said...

YEEHAW! I think we will be joining ya'll tomorrow night.

Unknown said...

OOOH, I LOVE rodeos. In the northwest they are a summer thing so it's so fun that you can go to one in t shirts in February!

Rebecca said...

Fun! I love rodeos. I used to warm up a horse at rodeos in Utah with my friend who competed. Looking forward to more pics!

Amber said...

Right up my ally!!!

Callie said...

I should have stayed up there with you guys!

Andrea said...

Hello stranger! How are you! I was going through my old emails and found your blog. We definitely need to catch up. Cute, cute, cute family. My blog is: richandandrea.blogspot.com

Kelli said...

Thanks for sending me your blog address. Rodeo time...we used to have a big parade and rodeo in downtown Scottsdale in Feb also. We got to dress up western and get out of school early! It was so fun. Enjoy the rodeo for me!

Mel said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you found me because I've been trying to find you in cyberspace for a while now! Doesn't everyone these days have a blog or do facebook or something? I'm so excited to catch up on your life and read about the goings on. I thought you were in MO? Texas huh? Warmer than here! Your kids are adorable!

fung family said...

Oh Man, that looks like fun! I bet the kids loved that. Miss you! How's the job hunt?

Clarissa and Darrin said...

Rodeos are awesome. It is so fun to dress up as a cowgirl and go see a rodeo. I love watching the little boys ride the sheep at the beginning of them. Kimball should be a cowboy, how cute would that be!

Amy & Mark said...

Looks like so much fun! Sorry we spaced it!