Last week we did a few fun things to kick off summer vacation.
Thanks to Aunt Melissa who remembered to bring her camera on our trip to the Downtown Houston Aquarium. It was a lot of fun. We tagged along with the "other Craners" (Matt's brother's family). Here are a few pictures from the day . . .
Me & the girls




Sarah touching the baby rays
Spencer, Jonathon, Sarah & Allison
We also went to the drive-in movie last weekend, to see the new

Pixar movie, "UP." It was pretty good, but not at all what I was expecting. In my opinion, "The Incredibles" and "Finding Nemo" were WAAAYYY better. Sorry Pixar. UP just didn't have a story line that kids could relate to. Cute, but besides being animated, it was basically a movie only adults could really appreciate. Kinda too bad. We all still enjoyed ourselves though. Above is a picture of Allison (front right) with a bunch of friends before the movie began . . . fun memories in the making!
We've also been to the neighborhood pool a few times by now. Kimball, our 20 month old is bound and determined to drown himself. He has absolutely NO fear of the water and LOVES to jump right into the pool, whether there is anyone there to catch him or not. He doesn't care! We even let him sort of flounder in the water for a second, hoping it will scare him into not doing it anymore. Nope. It doesn't work. Augh, This kid! He's going to be the death of ME! or Himself! or BOTH!

6 comments:
Nice to see you back on the blogger map!
That aquarium looks pretty awesome. Something you don't get in old KC.
Bridger and I saw Up too. I loved it. You're right...it was more of an adult storyline. I think that's why I loved it so much. It's probably not so good for young children.
Isabella has no fear of the water either. She's going to give me a heart attack. We're also battling her randomly running away from us. We bought the puppy backpack/harness the other night. I'm about to become one of THOSE moms...oh well, at least she'll be safe! I hope that you guys are doing well.
Kickin off the summer nicely! I have always wanted to go to an aquarium, all the aquariums here are like 30 for an adult. I don't want to spend that much money. What is the price their?
Well, we got in for $5 a piece, since it was a company party for Mark's work! It was nice.
Looks like you had a fun day. Wish I could have joined you!
Post a Comment