Well, I haven't posted in a while. So I thought I'd do a fast month in review and include some pictures.
First, Today is Matt's birthday! He turned the big 3-2. So, the girls and I cooked a good dinner, made brownies complete with candles, Allison made a cute card and wrote a poem, and we even put up balloons!

Here's Allison with her Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Young. She's engaged to be married this summer, and so some "room moms" got together and threw her a surprise bridal shower at school with the class. It was really fun and cute, and one Mom even made a veil for Ms. Young to wear.
Above, is Allison's kindergarten celebration . . . a program that all kindergarten classes from her school (there's 8 of them -- sheesh!) put on. It was cute, and Allison is holding an "E" in the picture because she had a speaking part for the letter "E" in a poem where they spelled out kindergarten and each letter had a sentence about what they did over the past year. (hope that makes sense)
Notice, that in the "class picture" below, that Allison is arm-in-arm with the boy on her right, and holding hands with the boy on the left! hee hee!
I asked her tonight if any boys in her class liked her, and she smiled and said that boys don't like girls because they're afraid of growing up and marrying a girl. So funny.
Below are a few pics of some green anoles (lizards) that live in the sago palm tree that we have in our front landscaping. We have at least 3 different ones that we've seen and Kimball LOVES to go outside and look for them. (I think it's kinda fun too.)
Next is a picture of Allison. She came downstairs one day after school and asked me to tie this rubbermaid container to her head. I asked her what she was doing and she said she was pretending to be the Mars Rover. "What?" I said. She responded, "you know, the robot - Mars Rover." "oh." was all I said. Sure enough, I just googled it and it's a robot that does exploration missions on Mars. Wow, guess I'm not as smart as my kindergartener. Just in case you wondered what it looked like, I posted a picture of the REAL Mars Rover for comparison :)
Allison has also designated herself as the "librarian" in the "study" of our new house that Matt has put together. She made a name badge for herself, wrote out the library rules, and made Sarah her assistant librarian. So, hey, when the books need to be picked up after Kimball pulls them down, all we do now is call on our librarians to clean it up -- and they do! Man, that was easy. Why didn't I think of that?
Below is a picture of Sarah "helping" paint a room in our new house. Ok, ok. I KNOW I need to post more pictures of the house, but it's all in varying degrees of "readiness. " (or rather, cleanliness . . . or unpacked-ness . . . or whatever . . . But don't worry. I'll get to it eventually .
AND FINALLY,
our "old" neighbors (they lived next door to us at our rental house here) invited us to their annual crawfish boil on Good Friday back in April. (so these pics are over a month old), It was fun, and educational and Amazing to see how much FOOD they made! They had 2 coolers
FULL of crawfish,as well as huge pots of shrimp, crabs, & veggies . . . they'd boil it all in special seasoning , and then dump it out on 8 foot long tables covered with tarps. And people would just dive in and eat like pigs at a trough. It made me smile.
No one ate any of it but me, (I was in heaven) but the kids liked looking at the crawfish. Sarah was the only one brave enough to hold one.
Kimball was pretty curious about them & checked them out briefly.
And Allison kept a safe distance. All in all, it was a good time & I got some good pictures of the event.
So there you have it. Some fun updates on us, with lots of pictures!!



8 comments:
Looks like you guys have been busy!!! Come on, I want to see your new house!!
Love the Library! It's amazing how much better kids do things when it's their idea. I've never had crawfish, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Great pics.
I love the Mars Rover idea that Allison had. Eliora says he looks like Wall-E. I haven't tried crawfish since we moved here. I keep seeing it in the grocery store parking lots and I haven't worked up the nerve to get past the fact that it is being prepared in a grocery store parking lot. One of these days we will have to get a group together and hit the festival.
Good to see you back on! You've been busy! Happy Birthday to Matt!
come on girl...we want pics of the new house. Looks like you have been busy but good.
I absolutely love the Mars Rover that Allison was, and I love the librarian idea, too! I read this to Jordan and was crying by the time I finished because I was laughing so much. I love it!
The library in your house looks great. I love the dark shelving.
That is a cool looking plant that the lizard was in.
Happy Birthday, Matt!
LOVE the Mars Rover picture. A couple of weeks ago Claire came running in with a bucket similar to that doing robotic moves saying, "I am a robot from outer space." Not quite as sophisticated as Mars Rover though!
Post a Comment