Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Wowsers. It's HOT!!!

Ok.  I went outside this morning at 8AM to mow the lawn, before it got too hot.  (I think I woke up all of my neighbors -- but I don't care.  Most of them hire Mexicans to mow their lawns. So I have no sympathy.)

So, after being out there for an hour and sweating to death, I came back inside & showered.

Fast Forward to 3 o'clock in the afternoon.  I get the myself and the girls in the car to run to the Dollar Store for something.  The car says it's 110 degrees.  It's literally so hot in the car we are suffocating.  The car wasn't even cooled off yet by the time we reached our destination.  And the drive took us easily 10+ minutes.  So for 10+ minutes, we are dripping with sweat in the car.  I reluctantly turned off the car when I went inside the store -- knowing that it was just going to RE-bake the inside by the time we got out again.  

Now, let's think about this for a second.  It's only, what ?  June 12th?!  Weather.com says there's only 40% humidity at this exact moment.  So, it's actually relatively LOW humidity, if you can believe it.  So basically , this leaves me with:  1) a large desire to go away somewhere much cooler for the entire summer, and 2) wanting to figure out a way to build a pool in my own backyard.  Yep. I think Matt was right on that one . . .   we need a pool.  BAD.

WOWSERS!!!!  It's HOT!!!

6 comments:

Mel said...

Don't think I could live there--wow, that is too hot!

Clarissa and Darrin said...

That looks like a great water slide. I can't even imagine how humid it is over in Texas. Good luck this summer!

Sam Ransom said...

Oh man! That is crazy!! Even MO is cooler! And actually we have been way cool and mild so far this summer. So yikes, I cannot imagine!

Tonia said...

We are very sympathetic about the heat and next time you make those Chex muddie buddies give us a call!

m and a said...

We hit 70 on Saturday I think. We even took our shoes off and waded a little in Lake Huron. The water was freezing! My feet hurt it was so cold. I am waiting for a day when I don't need my jacket. After all, it is June! Fun slip and slide pictures. Believe it or not, the kids don't care what temp it is to play in the water. We got the kiddie pool out last week, and it was only 65!. Crazy kids.

Rebecca said...

I'll stop complaining about our 100 degree temps here!