All I have to say is, Allison is my most "cautious" child. So with that said, it's no surprise that she was almost 7 before she finally agreed to let us take off her training wheels. Nevermind, that she hasn't really been USING them for MONTHS now (she could ride so balanced that the training wheels never touched the road.) But we could NOT convince her to take them off. The mere mention of it would send her into panic! Crazy girl! So finally, we forced the issue (days before school was supposed to start) by saying that she was going to be the only 1st grader STILL using training wheels. That got her goat. So she finally agreed. And guess what???
She took off! The moment we showed her how to start, she was gone. See Matt trying to keep up with her, reassuring her, "I won't let you fall!"
I love this picture. Look at her focus!
After a few trips up and down the cul de sac, she could manage to smile and ride at the same time. You go girl!!
And just so we didn't leave anyone out of this post, here's a picture of mushroom head, oh- I mean Kimball. Doesn't he look like mushroom head on MarioKart?

1 comment:
What a big girl, she looks great riding her bike.
Post a Comment