Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Passed!


I've been working on getting my Texas Nursing License.  It has  been a huge pain.  Everytime I move, I have to relicense in the new state which means paying alot of money and going through a bunch of annoying steps: ie: verifying all previous licenses in every other state I've ever worked in (which is adding up by now), getting fingerprinted, filling out forms, being on the phone with the new state board of nursing for what seems like forever, etc, etc.  Well, here in Texas they ALSO require you take an EXAM on their state's Nurse Practice Act.  No other state has ever required this!  SOOOOOO LAME!  So, about a week or so ago, I got online and pulled up the darn thing and read as much of it as I could stand.  IT's HUGE and LONG and BORING and TECHNICAL, and the thought of taking a test on it was not my idea of fun.  It's a 2 hour timed test with 50 questions and it's pretty specific.  Well, last night I took the plunge and decided to get it over with.  The worst that could happen would be to fail it, and then I'd have to wait 7 days to retake it again (for free).  Thankfully, however, I PASSED!!!  Hooray!  It's over, no more stupid test to worry about.  Check that one off, thank you very much.  I won't lie, while I was taking the test, I thought, "Oh my, I'm not going to pass this" because there were lots of questions I definitely took my best guess on, but was by no means sure of the answer.  But alas, it all worked out in the end. Yea for me!


11 comments:

Clarissa and Darrin said...

Congrats on passing. That is super annoying. They should have some type of resiprocity. That is awesome you past on the first time, I know I get super nervous about that stuff and mine is only for a hair license in different states! :)

Marilyn said...

Bravo for passing the test! What a relief - good thing to keep current.
Isn't it fun to have a boy to go with the girls? They (boys) are surely a different breed :)

Vicki said...

Congrats, Catherine! Happy Nursing.

Shauna said...

Congratulations!! I am sure that is a huge load lifted off your shoulders.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the test...those stupid things!! Hope all is well in Texas. I am curious about your moving story?? Any chance you are coming back to KC? Huh? Huh? Good luck with Kimball's surgery on wed. Work = Drama. Kylee

Jen Peacock said...

I can relate to that, I just applied for my cosmetology license here in FL. Annoying, but worth it.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Congrats. I bet it is annoying that you STILL have to take tests. That is the one thing that I absolutely don't miss from college.--Beth. PS--I have to publish this as "Anonymous" b/c I don't know my blogger name and password...Am I retarded? I even have a blog and don't know it

abbycarlson said...

That stinks! The biggest relief after I passed boards was that i would NEVER have to take another test EVER again! Hopefully we'll never move from Missouri or I'm screwed!
Congrats on passing!

Amber said...

Yeah! Feels good now huh!?

Heather said...

Congratulations! I had no doubts, though.

Rebecca said...

Yeah! Glad that's over for you!