Luckily for Santa, he (well, SHE) went shopping the day after Thanksgiving and to his amazement, he found some really cool kites at Costco that were very reasonable priced. What were the chances? Santa took it as a sign that it was meant to be and was excited to fulfill Allison's Christmas wish.
Well, tomorrow came, and this morning the weather was cooperating. After we lazily got up and ready, Daddy pushed us all out the door (don't get any ideas, he was the last one to wake up at 9:30!!), because the wind was here alright, due to a "front" that was moving in and with it was coming RAIN too! We wanted to beat the rain.
We hurriedly drove to the park right next to our church and pulled out the kite. At first, Matt tried flying it, but with little success. So, I decided to show my prowess at kite flying . . . after all . . . I did have all of 1 day of experience over Matt. (but that was enough, let me assure you!!) I got it up and going pretty well, and that's when Allison said she wanted to try it.
In this picture above, you can see that the string is completely
unwound on the winder. That means she's flying this kite at 170 feet in the air! Pretty amazing, huh?
And just for a little more perspective: this tiny spec of a kite you see way up there is actually over 6 feet wide
to see more about this kite go here

10 comments:
All I can say is, you and I both know that Allison has always been ahead of the curve. I still remember how amazed Matt and I were when we took her to a park in Topeka while you and Matt were out of town and she refused to put her hands on the steps of the slide she was climbing up. She wanted to keep her adorable little purple mittens clean, so she used her elbows instead of her hands to climb. I think she was like 18 months old. Such a cutie.
Good job on the gifts Santa, and on posting it all on your blog already. Very on the ball!
Miss you too.
Kara
thank goodness for Santa!!! That is one darling girl and one awesome-looking kite!
The Christmas commentary was delightful too - thanks!
Mother
Who knew you had a kite expert in you very own home! Way to go Allison!
How adorable!!
That's great! I think it's awesome you could fly kites in December. Fun Christmas gifts too. Claire would be envious of the dollhouse!
So fun!! I'm really impressed by her mad skills!! I don't think I would do nearly as well. And what a really pretty kite!
That kite is huge. Allison looks like a pro flying that thing. I saw the pictures of the house you are looking into buying, I think it is gorgeous! I love the hard wood floors and how it has a pool, I might need to come visit!
That kite is so cool! It looked like lots of fun. Awsome job Allison. I will have to share this with Marissa. She will love to hear about your new kite. Good job Catherine :)
Marissa wants to say something: I
like yur cit i miss you luve marissa:
Post a Comment