Today was a good day.
After reading "NieNie's" blog for the past couple of days, I have been inspired to have more fun with my family and appreciate (more) all that I have. Her blog sure puts things into perspective . . . and quickly helps me get over the "my-kids-are-driving-me-crazy" or "pitty-party" moods.
Anyway, today we beat the heat by setting up the slip & slide. My 3 kiddos had a good time and several neighbor kids enjoyed themselves too. Here are several pictures from the day . . .
Action shots. . .
Kimball kept trying to drink the water from the slide sprays . . . nice.
Ahhhhh . . . Rehydrated!
After lunch and naps, Allison and Sarah had a little face
painting session on their own. No supervision. It wasn't a problem, (thankfully, since Kimball wasn't involved) and I was able to capture their "creativity" before we took baths and washed it all off. (man, Crayola watercolor pencils are AWESOME. If you don't have them, you should get them. The color washes RIGHT OFF with water. Sooo fun for the kids, & nice for the parents! And great for Halloween!!)
After that, we made a nice big bowl of chex muddy buddies. Mmmmm. One of our favorites. And it's already gone!

4 comments:
Way cute pictures! I love the summer! Are you guys planning a trip to Utah anytime soon? Would love to get together! Let me know!
Girl I love the slip n slide hours upon hours of cheap entertainment. We have to soak in the summers fun while our kids are young.
That looks like a great painting session. Before I read the blog I was thinking oh man you are going to be mad about them drawing all over themselves- but nope that is awesome that it is washable. I have seriously never heard of something like that. Man- good thing I am starting to have kids!
Love the pics of Kimball trying to drink the spraying water. Hilarious! And by the way, I've always thought you were a great mom and have always done fun and exciting things with your kids.
Post a Comment