Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kimball



My name is Kimball and I am 11 months old


I CAN . . .
1. crawl up and down the stairs by myself without my Mom worrying
2. walk 5-6 steps on my own
3. play peek-a-boo & pat-a-cake
4. say "NO" while I shake my head back and forth
5.  say "uh-oh" when I purposely drop things off my highchair tray
6.  wave bye-bye to my sister when she gets on the bus
7.  get on and off the couch by myself
8. put things into a bucket, then dump them out, then put them back in, then dump them out
9. sleep 7pm to 7am
10.  give really good hugs
11. clap my hands when I do something good
12. blow bubbles with my mouth using my own saliva! 

I LIKE . . .
1. to mess up anything that resembles order or stacking
2.  to play with  my sisters
3.  to stand on the stool in the bathroom and peek over the counter at myself in the mirror. But then I cry until someone gets me down.
4. balls, toy cell phones, cars, trains
5. to pull things out of drawers if someone leaves one open for me
     to find
6. to get into my sisters' bath when my Mom isn't looking by  falling in head first (with my diaper still on of course)
7.  to bite my Mom.  Daddy thinks they are love bites because I only bite my Mommy.
8. to eat a whole bowl full of Cheerios and milk for breakfast.  I've also developed a taste for honeycomb and frosted mini-wheats!
9. to be tickled
10. to play inside the cupboard with the kid cups and bowls
11. Baby Einstein movies, especially "Neighborhood Animals"
12. to pick up toys & "throw" them behind me. I'm really good at it.
13. to crawl on the bed and wake up my sisters or Daddy when it's time for them to get up.
14. to pat my Mom on the back when she picks me up. And she really likes it.
15. to climb onto the dishwasher door when it's down and pull things out of it
16. bang things together to make noise

I DON'T LIKE . . .
1. getting my diaper changed
2. most food that my Mom tries to feed me
3. being in my carseat too long
4. it when my sisters close their bedroom door on me so I can't get in and play with them
5. my Mom taking a shower and not letting me in
6.  when my sisters pick me up and move me away from their toys

I LOVE . . .
1.  toothbrushes
2.  playing in the neighborhood pool and splash park
3.  bathtime
4.  riding in the stroller to take Allison to the bus stop, and picking up the mail with Mom
5.  pulling things off the kitchen table that are within my reach.  Especially bowls with leftover cereal milk, Raman noodles, and spaghettios

1 comment:

Clarissa and Darrin said...

I like getting to know Kimball better. I am sad that I now have a nephew who is 11 months old who I have yet to meet. Maybe now I know somethings to look forward to in a year.