Well, it's almost 8am now. Our power is out. It went out at about 5 am. That's about when Kimball woke up. It's still squalling and very windy.
Our back door from the kitchen is leaking, so our kitchen floor keeps flooding.Our fence is down. The radio is telling us not to drink the water, that these weather conditions should continue until 4PM & About 2 million people are without power.
However, our gas stove works , so we had pancakes for breakfast.
We can see that a few of our neighbors have power-- across the street and behind us. Some also have shingles missing.
Anyway, we are ok so that's the most important thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thanks for the update! I have been thinking about you guys. Now hopefully the airport will be running smoothly tomorrow! Good luck.
Karli
We are glad you are okay, sorry we called so late last night! Just checkin in on the storm.
Glad to hear you are okay...have fun on your trip!
Glad to hear you're ok, sorry about the power/flooding kitchen/water. But very glad you're ok.
Hope you get out on your trip. Give the kids a squeeze from all of us. When we were watching the coverage and Claire heard me mention you all she freaked out and said, "My friend Allison is in that storm???" "Sarah too???" We told her you were in the safe part, just getting a lot of rain. We pray that continues to be true.
Have a great time! I hope you make it to the beautiful Hawaii safely!
How scary. At least you are all ok. You will get to Hawaii!!!
Ohhh Catherine! I've been reading your posts, and I'm anxiously awaiting the conclusion of your story! Did you make it to Hawaii? Did you return to find everything all right at home? I hope it's a happy ending!
Post a Comment