Here's a couple of stories from today that I'm sure you'll enjoy:
1) Our neighborhood here is VERY ethnically diverse. (I've decided that ALL of Texas is this way -- one BIG melting pot). Well, one Mom at the bus stop is Japanese and her only daughter is in Allison's kindergarten class and meets at the same bus stop as us every morning. This mother really loves to talk to and play with Kimball in the mornings while we wait for the bus. Well, this morning, Kimball had his runny/snotty nose and this Japanese lady actually uses her fingers to wipe Kimball's nose!!!!!! Eeeewwwww!! Can' you believe that?! She took her pointer finger and thumb, squeezed his nostril together, squished out the snot and then pulled the snot off his face!!!! I was grossed out. I mean, I even dislike wiping my OWN child's snotty nose, much less a stranger's kids' nose!!!!! I tried not to react. I think she was trying to be nice . . . .
2) While we were walking in the parking lot at the pediatrician's office, Sarah anxiously said, "wait, wait, Mommy! I need to hold your hand! (She was right next to me, but not holding my hand yet.) She said, "Remember ? Heavenly Father and Jesus got hit by a car in the parking lot last night, so we have to hold hands? Remember? Remember that, Mommy?" (With being a little preoccupied about getting inside the Dr's office, I didn't take the time to "correct" those ideas. All I could think was, "wow." Sarah comes up with some pretty random thoughts in her head.)
She's also struggling with the concept of time. So EVERYTHING was "last night."
Anyway, I thought those "goodies" would provide some entertainment.

4 comments:
I really love it when our kids struggle with time frames and call everything "last night" or "yesterday" when in fact it may have been a year ago!
As far as the nose wiping thing.... I am completely grossed out! I get the whilly chills just thinking about it! I wanna barf Right NOW! I gotta get on to another subject this is totally out of control sick!
Ha...the nose wiping thing...Actually if I know your kid pretty well, I've been known to do that. I've done it to tons of kids in the ward and their parents don't even know probably. I prefer to have a wipe to my fingers but as long as I can go wash it off, I'm okay. It totally doesn't bother me. I actually came home with snot all over my shirt from church this week. I'm not to worried about germs, even though I have my stock pile of masks for avian flu...another story. But, I don't think I would wipe the runny nose of a kid whose parents I didn't know.
I'm not a blood and guts kind of girl though and admire those who can give stitches:-)
That's gross! Are you guys hunkering down or running from Ike!? It sounds like it will be a 4! I say drive north!
hilarious! Abby is struggling with time, too, but with her everything is "tomorrow" -- talk about someone living in the future! I hope you are enjoying Kauai without a care in the world!
Post a Comment