Last Saturday Allison asked if she could have a lemonade stand outside. She'd already made the pitcher of lemonade . . . "all by herself," she said. "Scary," I thought to myself, but "SURE!" is all I said. "Why not?" Secretly, I didn't think she'd sell anything, because she just sat in our driveway, not on a street corner where she' d be better seen. And you always worry that they'll be disappointed when no one comes to buy their lemonade . . . ya know?

Well, she promptly set it all up and sat down. Within a MINUTE, neighbor kids were outside buying her lemonade! I couldn't believe it! After a little while, I went outside to check on her and saw that she was charging $1 for a small cup of lemonade! And when I say small, I mean, she was using those colorful "kid cups" from IKEA. I realized that her concept of money is not very developed and I should've guided her on this, but hey! Kids were buying it! So I didn't say anything. What I DID say was to be sure that each person got their OWN glass, and once it was used, to put in down on the driveway so it didn't get RE-USED. (I had flashbacks from my own childhood lemonade stands, where we had ONE cup, and everyone drank from the same glass!!! hee hee. Oh, those were the days)

Well, a little while later, I went outside again to check on her and to my AMAZEMENT she had made 7 dollars!!! By now her pitcher of lemonade was running low, so what did she do? Add more powdered lemonade, of course. Not more WATER, mind you. Just more POWDER. I had to smile when I went to put that pitcher in the dishwasher the other day. Inside the bottom of of the pitcher was a THICK layer of crystalized lemonade powder mix. I can only imagine how concentrated that lemonade must have been towards the end!
SO FUNNY!!

6 comments:
Allison is awesome, she seems so independent for her age. Way to go, on the big bucks, maybe I will start a lemonade, or not, I would not look as cute!
Love it! She obviously decided what her time was worth when she priced her lemonade!!
What is she going to do with all of her hard earned cash?
She's a business girl already!
I know who to call now when I need a few extra bucks!!
That is funny!! Go her! $1 is a nice round amount and you don't have to mess with change!!
Post a Comment