So what am I talking about, you ask? Poop in the tub during a bath, of course. It's one of those things right along the lines of Falling down the stairs. Or falling off the bed. Or, I don't know . . . you fill in the blank.
Ironic, isn't it? That just the post previous to this (see below) I posted a cute little picture of all 3 kids in the bath together. I think I must have jinxed myself somehow.
Tonight, I sent Allison up to the bathroom to start her bath after dinner. (she CAN take showers, but likes to take baths still, especially when she can play without any other siblings in the tub with her.) Anyway, Kimball heard the water running, and I guess took a bee-line straight to the tub. He can climb into the tub if he wants to, and unfortunately, I wasn't there to stop him before he went in with ALL of his clothes -and shoes on- this time. *groan* Allison, of course, thought this was VERY funny, let it all happen, and THEN came to get me. Luckily when I walked into the bathroom, I discovered that Allison hadn't closed the drain yet, so not TOO MUCH water was in the tub, but Kimball was still drenched nonetheless. I quickly tried to get all of his WET clothes off and ripped off his diaper -- which was my downfall. I failed to check to see if he had a messy diaper. Well, you guessed it. Poop came tumbling down into the water, and OF COURSE it was a semi-loose stool (sorry everyone) and so it just dispersed ALL OVER (the water was still running, which broke it up & spread it around very nicely. And OF COURSE there were tons of toys in the bath which all got contaminated *grrrrr*
Why? Why!!! Can't a women just send her 6 year old upstairs to take a bath, and make dinner downstairs for HERSELF without all the mayhem?!
And, can I just say, I HATE cleaning up after one of these incidents? Worst of all, it was really all my fault. It's not like he purposefully pooped during his own bath. So that's even more annoying.
aggghhhh. Like, I said, a RITE OF PASSAGE.

14 comments:
This is the first time that has ever happened?! Wow. That's been going on around here for years! Joseph can't handle it at all and I'm the one who ALWAYS has to clean it up, so I feel your pain. Hope you were finally able to settle down to a quiet dinner tonight!
I can't believe this hasn't happened to you yet???!!! I love your description, though. I felt like I was there. :) Thanks for the visual. love ya...
I can't believe you've made it this long without that happening before!!
It's always traumatic when that happens!
To all: rest assured that this HAS happened to me BEFORE, just not with KIMBALL yet. Like I said: I thought I might've dodged that bullet with him, but again: foolish thinking.
To all: rest assured that this HAS happened to me BEFORE, just not with KIMBALL yet. Like I said: I thought I might've dodged that bullet with him, but again: foolish thinking.
Ok, I'm laughing and groaning at the same time. Laughing b/c it's so true that it's not enough a child gets in with their clothes and shoes on, there's got to be runny poop to go along with it. Groaning b/c it's just nasty to clean up. And I'm not sure it's ever possible to try to do something for yourself without kids creating some sort of mayhem.
I always feel when my kids have made a mess of some sort or other, that I could have done something differently to prevent it. it's always my fault! Not really, just comes with having kids I guess. We jsut smile and love them anyway.
You are so funny!!! I dread those times once kids come along. If I can remember correctly, my brothers were tub pooping feens!
Ugh! One of those not-so-pleasant experiences of motherhood! I can just picture him climbing in happily with all of his clothes on!
I am like everyone else in aww that the poop in the tub has not happened to you! I will say Colby has not done that yet but he has peed on me so many times, seriously like 20, that I hopefully don't have to deal with poop too.
YUK YUK YUK!! The fun chronicles of motherhood! There is never a dull moment and if there is you better believe they are up to something.
Since I was dealing with poop during the day, I thought it only fair that Penny had some to deal with at home.
(Also check out my comment on your books)
DAD
Ugh...
If it's not one thing, it's another, right?
I'm with you though, I HATE the clean-up part. What took seconds to happen, takes forever to clean up!
Oh the joys of motherhood...
I'm with everyone else...That's the first time? Congratulations on another first!
Post a Comment