Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Allison's imagination

Allison has a very highly developed imagination, if I do say so myself.  She loves to create, do crafts, and make up things, ie: games, stories, songs, dress up outfits, forts . . . 

Here is a picture of her as a "snake."   Ok, a ballerina snake with fairy wings.

She brought me our Crayola water color pencils (I highly recommend these for face painting) and wanted me to make her face look like a snake.  I wasn't really sure how to do that, but this is what I came up with.  I told her that if I hissed while I drew on her face, it helped me to draw better.   :)  She seemed to accept that. 

Before the snake face, she wanted a horse face.  How you draw a "horse face" on a child?  I wasn't sure, and she didn't like my adaptation, so she washed it off and asked for a snake face instead.  

After I drew the snake face, Allison slithered around on the floor and couches  and hissed. . . like I said, very imaginative.  Then we had to go the grocery store and my snake-faced daughter came with us.  We only got a few stares.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Very inventive! That looks great!

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine-Your recent blogs and pics are really cute. I have been wondering about you and your family during the move. Hope it went smooth. Sometime I will have to update you on the recent drama at work and with my mother in law!! AGGHHH!! Other than that, life is good. I REALLY MISS you at work....:( I can relate to the dreadful unpacking. I was overwhelmed. Oh, yeah... I read Twilight!! Very Interesting. Planning on reading the second one. Well, I hope the ants leave you and your house alone. Take Care and Keep in Touch. Kylee

Catherine said...

Kylee! So good to hear from you! I need your email address so we can keep in touch. I don't know if you'd rather give me a personal one, or email you at Retina. But I'm so glad you commented on my blog. I DO want to hear about work and your mother-in-law. And it sounds like maybe you didn't like "Twilight" as much as I did. Sorry! So, maybe I'll call at work on Friday and we can exchange email addresses.

Rebecca said...

Catherine--

Glad you survived the move. Bummed I didn't get back to KC before you all took off. Just survived our own move, life is busy, so I've totally neglected my blog. Much more fun to read yours.
Did you like "The Host?" p.s., I would like your address/phone.

Mags said...

Hey Catherine! I'm so glad you found me...I love your blog! It seems like our girls would have a blast together-they seem very similar. How did you get the boy?..lucky!! We're still trying to figure it out:) Keep in touch and I'll add you guys to our list, too!

Kiera said...

Dang that is stinkin' funny! You are a ROCKIN' MOM for letting her go out looking like a snake. I love letting our kids dress and make themselves up in costumes. Marc however stresses out when we take them out looking like a frog, batman, little mermaid, I could go on and on... I do however draw the line of dressing up for church. There have been a few times I lost the battle and put the church clothes on over the costumes!