Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

You know you live in Texas . . .

  1. when you live INDOORS during July & August.
  2. when you have a steady stream of ants coming into the house.
  3. when  there are about 10 different kids of ants - sugar ants, fire ants, carpenter ants, etc -- and people can tell the difference. (people keep asking me, "what kind of ants are in your house?"  Like I'm supposed to know . . .)
  4. when you leave plastic in the car (which is parked in the driveway because your garage is still full of boxes) and it's completely melted when you get back in the car the next day.
  5. when  you can leave a half-drunk bottle of water in your car and it's perfect for making a baby bottle "on the go" the next day because it's already warm.
  6. when  you take bottled water with you every time you leave the house.
  7. when there are no branches of US Bank in the entire state, and that they just so happen to be the bank you chose LAST TIME you moved because they were a national chain that you thought would be everywhere you lived, (which would be SO convenient, now, wouldn't it?). 
  8. when the grass growing on the lawn looks and feels like green straw.
  9. when every exit off of the freeway has a U-turn lane to go back the way you came.
  10. when there are no center turn lanes.
  11. when every other restaurant is either Mexican food or some sort of cold frozen dessert.

I'm sure there are many more, but this is a good start.  Stay tuned for more Texas-isms.

5 comments:

Kiera said...

I will back you up on the one about Mexican restaurants was so funny!
You can also add you know you are in Houston when they make the announcements in Walmart in Spanish!

Rebecca said...

I'm still laughing...

Amber said...

Yeah ! I love that! You can add, you know you are in Texas when you don't need a hairdryer. Just get in the car, roll down the window, start down the road and your hair will dry in 2 minutes flat...

Amber said...

If you come across PaPPaSito's, you have to eat there. It's the best mexican...I miss that and dream about it...

Marilyn said...

Delightful pics and update! That wakeboarding shot was amazing! Darling couple - don't look old enough to be parents!!!!!!
Thanks for the Texas news and house pic. So how about teaching me how to blog and I won't send out so many emails! Mother