Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 4th Celebration

Yesterday we had a little celebration of our own for the 4th.  Matt bought a few fireworks and the girls & I watched him light them. (Kimball was already asleep in bed.) Mostly, the girls played with the sparklers. It think we lit 50 of them.  The other favorite is the spinning flower ones. (not too scary)

The only hitch with the 4th of July is that Allison is deathly afraid of fireworks.  She doesn't like the loud popping noises and refuses to be outside without headphones on to muffle the sound.  (She has been like this since she was toddling. I thought she would've outgrown it by now . . .   We even had to remember to bring these headphones to DisneyWorld two February's ago, so that we could stay outside during the nightly fireworks shows.  Very strange, I know.  Sarah, of course, has no issues with fireworks at all.)
  
Matt took one picture of me to show that I was officially present at our little family event, but as usual, the picture didn't turn out -- it was too fuzzy. (now we know why I'm never in photos . . . because I'm the only one who takes decent ones . . .  well,  besides Allison, of course. I have to give credit, where credit is deserved.)

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Loved the snake balerina and the headphones on Alison! Her mother is also an artist - couldn't have done better myself.
Location sounds wonderful; home is beautiful from the outside.