So, "You know you live in Texas when . . ."
- your "cold water" out of the faucet is about luke warm at best.
- even the grocery carts have cup holders!!!
- you discover there is such a thing as roof rats. That's right, I said roof rats.
- when your first electric bill (for only 10 days of usage) is $87. (I've been told a typical summer month electric bill is roughly $500.)
- story time at the library sings songs in English, Spanish and CHINESE!!!

10 comments:
Texas sounds amazing! What a diverse place. At least your kids will be bilingual right? It is funny you commented about how much Halli looks like me, because I was thinking that Allison looks a lot like you! BTW, I looked for Crayola water color pencils today and I couldn't find any. Where do you get them?
just think...you only have ants, no rats, eew. It could be worse.
Well, in Kansas City, they have a Crayola store, so that's where I got them. They might be hard to find, I guess. I'll keep an eye out, or if you REALLY want them soon, I'd look on Crayola's website. They really ARE cool. All you do is dip the tip of the pencil in water, and wah-lah, perfect face painting tools. They just wipe off with water, and don't stain anything.
There is a reality tv show called VERMINATORS.. I love it! It is all about an extermination company! They just got rid of an infestation of roof rats..It was nasty! Are you guys battling with Rats too? Man.. life is crazy at your house! I miss you!
no, no roof rats here. At least, not that I know of. It usually occurs in older homes with big trees . . . the rats jump from the trees and get into the roof. A lady at church was telling me that she had them, and her house is 20+ yrs old.
Are you kidding me? Roof RAts!!?
I forgot to warn you about the a/c bills...Sorry about that.
I just heard on the news tonight that Houston is Booming! Good for you guys.
Oh, my foot, turns out I had fractured it and there is a bone chip, still attached, and that's what the flare up was. Crazy! I'm having it taken out next week...
Um...maybe KC isn't so bad after all! Actually, we'll all want to be there in the winter!
Hey so you have been tagged... Check out my site.
I found your blog from the Ritter B's. Your kids are very cute! Welcome to Texas!
I sure miss you guys! I looked for you at the stake dinner the other night, and then remembered you moved. I was sad....:(
Post a Comment