Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birds, bowls and baby

Yesterday, we were at church, working in the Nursery actually, when someone opened the door & popped their head in . . .  looking directly at Matt, they asked, "Do you own a BMW?"  (That's never a good sign when someone comes looking for you regarding your car in the church parking lot.)  

Anyway, Matt responded, "Yes." 

"Well," they said, "there's a bird in your car."  

Stunned silence followed . . . .

So, Matt went outside to his car to check it out.  You see, we now live where the outside temperatures are reaching over 100 degrees everyday (all day practically), so Matt's way of alleviating some of the baking heat in the car is to leave his sunroof open.  Sure enough, a
 Mocking bird had gotten inside his car through the 6 inches he left his sunroof open.  (I thought it was hilarious that it was a "mocking bird!! Isn't that funny?)  Funny, because this MOCKING bird couldn't get OUT of Matt's car once it found it's way in, and it pooped ALL OVER the inside of his car.  Poor Matt. I guess he won't be leaving his sunroof open anymore . . .

Kimball is really reinforcing the "boys are sooo different from girls" idea right now.  He's starting to balance on his own while standing, and is taking a step here and there, before falling down.  My girls never tried to walk this early -- he's only BARELY 10 months. He also LOVES to climb on and into things.  My girls NEVER, and I mean NEVER opened cupboards and played in them.  They never tried to go down the stairs head first.  They also never tried to climb out of their high chair, and I'm sure there are other things he's doing that they never did.  Here are a few pictures that I took of him from my phone yesterday . . .  He's in the cupboard where I keep all of the "kid cups, plates and bowls" as I call them.  That way, the kids can get them for themselves.  I guess that includes Kimball now . . . he likes to open up the cupboard, pull out all the stuff and climb right in.


And in case you're wondering, Yes, I Do clothe my baby, but, if you'll remember, it's over 100 degrees right now.  It's pretty hot inside too, so sometimes we're a little slow getting dressed in the morning.



7 comments:

abbycarlson said...

I feel your pain. Okay, maybe it's not really "pain". Boys are actually quite entertaining at times, but TOTALLY exhausting.

Catherine said...

yeah, I agree. I think there'll be plenty more posts, like this one, to come!

m and a said...

At least it's educational to let them play in the cupboards! He's getting so big too.

Tammy said...

That is hilarious about Matt's car! Brandon and I had a good laugh over that. We also have to agree about the boys being different thing. We actually had to put guards on our cupboards to keep Christopher out. Even with these precautions Christpher got ahold of a full gallon of syrup and poured it completey out and played in the mess. He has officially made a bigger mess then all 5 of my girls combined!

Shelley said...

That is too funny about a bird in Matt's car. And your little guy is too cute.

Kiera said...

It is 9 am and I have been fully entertained for the day! I can't wait to tell Marc this one! A MOCKING bird!?!?!? Now that is funny! I am a little grossed out with the bird poo!

Rebecca said...

I'm still getting a good laugh out of the bird poopin' in Matt's car. I hadn't realized you had sold the jeep and gotten a new car. Fun?! I look forward to future "boy" posts as there will be more for sure. Just wait until he jumps off everything he can climb up on. How Claire is the one that ended up with the broken arm as a kid and not Jeremiah is beyond me.