Don't hesitate to comment . . .  we'd love to hear from you!

Monday, July 21, 2008

THE BIG #10


Last friday was our 10th wedding anniversary.  I can't believe it has already been that long. Time flies when you're having fun (and raising 3 kids). Here are some pictures along the journey so far . . .  

A trip down memory lane  


Sundance Canyon @ Elizabeth's wedding


"Top of the World" - Moab, Utah


Lake Powell Jeepin' trip


Remember when we almost rolled off this cliff? 
And how much of a pain it was to get our jeep BACK on the trail?


Provo Canyon with the Petersons. 
 We just found out I was pregnant, but then I miscarried.


Graduation from Nursing School.  What a relief!


Your Graduation from BYU.  And you didn't even want to go . . .


Our first "new car" together, totalled after only 2 weeks.


2002 Winter Olympics, Women's halfpipe.
  Remember how awesome these chicks were?


Bryce Canyon, Utah.  I was about 7 months pregnant with Allison


Lower Black Box, Utah with the Driggs.  Just getting there was a disaster with the flat tire. We kept inflating the spare with a bike pump!  Then the Cherokee's front axle melted and we had to be rescued by your Dad.  Oh, and I was 5 months pregnant too
Remember the biting flies??!



Hiking and camping in the Uintas.  So beautiful and peaceful.


Our first little baby, Allison



Allison's MASSIVE BLOWOUT diaper. 
Remember how annoyed you were that I went to get my camera  & took a picture BEFORE helping you with this mess?!  I told you one day we'd laugh about it . . . 


 Crazy Daddy and your little girl.


Hiking/jeeping in Southern Utah.
We swore that having kids wouldn't keep us from doing fun outdoor stuff.


Your graduation day from MBA school.   
It was SOOO hot during commencement inside the stadium.
Off to Topeka Kansas for your first job with Payless Shoes!



Our first house in Topeka Kansas.  



Now that we lived in HUMIDITY, you said a camper with AIR CONDITIONING was a must.  We found an awesome deal on eBay.  We were so excited!! 


Our first camping trip in the Midwest with our new camper.
Allison was 1 year old.


Our first trip to see some Church History sites.  
This was taken at Haun's Mill. Fall was a perfect time to be there.  
No humidity.


Sledding during the Miner Family reunion at the Ashton's Cabin in Sundance


Disneyland together.


Your ankle, after you fell down the steps.  It hurt so bad and looked even worse.


Our second daughter, Sarah, is born in Topeka Kansas. 
We were both so excited for another little girl.



Sarah's baby blessing at the Ashton's parents house.



We decided to get a boat, and it was a blast!!


Sarah was only 6 months old when we bought it, 
and she "slept like a baby" everytime we went out on the boat.


Taking a swim in the water.  It was soooo warm.  
Like a bath.  Sarah didn't mind at all.


Bike riding with Sarah & Allison.  


Candid family photo at the pumpkin patch in Topeka.  
They had the best pumpkin patch!


Disneyland with the girls.  
We got to meet ALL of the princesses and get pictures with them.


Our second house - in Kansas City, Missouri.  
You got a new job with Helzberg Diamonds.
Remember all that back-breaking work we did to put in the landscaping??! 
 We swore we'd never buy a new construction home again.


DisneyWorld with all the Craner siblings and spouses . . . and NO KIDS!!!


Another family camping trip.  
Notice Allison's hair -- she chopped it herself.



Wakeboarding at dusk when the water is smooth.


Sarah riding the tube with me! Our kids are so brave.


Reading with Daddy after a day at the Lake.


The pumpkin patch in Weston, MO.  We went with the Fulton's this year.


Disneyworld this time with our little family! 
We got such a good deal on this trip.  We discovered "the dining plan" 
and we'll never do Disney without it again.  


Kimball is born in Liberty, MO.  We get a boy this time! 
My epidural didn't work so well this time, but the pain was worth it.



Our FIRST Christmas at home with our own little family.  
It was awesome!
   Remember the cookies you made with the girls?


A sad, sad day.  You sold your Jeep after 10 years. 
(It still ran like a champ.)  "We'll miss you little jeep"


Fathers Day.  


Our visit to the Winter Quarters Temple Visitor's Center, 
while you were working in Omaha, NE for the week. 
The girls dressed up like pioneers during our tour.


The Winter Quarters Temple, where we are reminded that 
Families are Forever.


And here we are now, in Katy, TX . . . eating ice cream, swimming a bunch to beat the heat and awaiting the upcoming 2008 Hurricane season.  Hope we survive!


What a wonderful and memorable 10 years it has been.  
 Looking forward to many more years and memories ahead . . .

17 comments:

Kiera said...

That walk down memory lane ROCKED! Crazy as it may sound I love you guys more then ever! Even if you both look 12 in the first picture! In case you were unsure how awesome you guys are let me remind you! You are a ROCKSTAR family I am truly grateful to call friends! I was bummed a bit that you didnt have a picture of the two of you riding the run away train...

Colette said...

I love it... I only knew you guys for a short time, so it was fun to learn about your family. You guys are awesome and have some great memories!

Catherine said...

Come on, Kiera . . . 12?? We look at least 16!!

m and a said...

Happy 10th, the years do go by quickly. Looks like you guys have had lots of fun, keep enjoying it!

McAtee Family said...

Loved the pics. And you looked at least 16 - Mike and I look about 11 in our first picture together.

Have I told you that I am jealous that you are living in Texas? It is my favorite place - I love the weather, the people, the food, the scenery (translation - no mountains). Enjoy it for me!!!

Amber said...

Okay, maybe 15...That was fun to read and happy anniversary! Oh, and what is the Dining plan!? I need to know about that...I want to go to disneyworld in fall 2009!

Anonymous said...

Matt here, I feel compeled to write a few comments about this blog. (I am writing this on my phone, please excuse mispells). My life and been extremly blessed. I have done things in my short life that most people will never do. I have seen sights that have inspired me, I have hiked the most remote places on earth, I have sat in the most relaxed and beautiful canyon that mother nature has created. But, now they are hollow. Not that they are not inspiring or beautiful, just eclisped by something greater. Yes, all those places and experiences are second rate to the love of my life. I have been to Eden, but to qoute mark twain, I have to realize that "where she is, there is Eden".

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 10 year anniversary!! I love the latest blog and pics. What a blessing your family is. I have been wondering about Dolly coming your way and if you would be affected. Hope you are getting settled. It's not the same on Fridays!!! Kylee

Sam Ransom said...

Congrads!! I love all the pics. I must admit that while helping you pack, I was SO happy that you asked me to pack the pictures. I love seeing people's pictures. Your family is awesome!! I am totally impressed with how fabulous you look in all the birth/hospital pics!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!! It is so fun to see the places you and Matt have been and to see your family grow!!! To think that I have known you since birth ( or close to it, you are older than me). Your family is so beautiful and I am so glad that you and Matt found each other and have been able to embark in the journey of life together! I am glad to see you guys have stayed active with your kids and I am sorry that I haven't stayed in touch as well with you during these past years. Congrats on 10 years and I hope that you and Matt have a wonderful time in Hawaii!! Love ya! Beth

abbycarlson said...

Okay, seriously, the diaper picture had me cracking up for 10 minutes! I don't know which was funnier, the actual explosion, or the totally annoyed look on Matt's face. He looked like he was about to puke! We miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Wow! You guys haven't changed a bit since you got married...hang on to 16 forever! Seriously, I loved this post. You have done so many memorable and meaningful things together and have done such a great job taking photos along the way. Congrats on your first 10 years of eternity to come! Thanks for sharing it with us!

kate said...

well catherine, since i haven't seen you since you were 16 or so anyway, i don't mind the young looking photos! just wanted to tell you that i'm checking on you through your blog & have enjoyed 'getting to know' your family over the past 10 years in this post! happy anniversary!
kate (browne) wolbert

Rebecca said...

Beautiful entry. You all are so great. Wishing you as much joy for the next 10 years!

patpoyfair said...

Great job, Cat. I envy your mad bloggin skillz -- it looks like you got the picture part of it down.

We miss you guys.

Pat

Amy & Mark said...

What an awesome post! I loved seeing all of the pictures of the fun things you've done over the years. We're so glad that we're here in Katy with you guys and have the chance to get to know you! You're such a great family!

Shelley said...

Wow! 10 years. Congratulations you guys. Catherine, that was a great post; I loved all of the pictures.